Avis Car Rental - St. Maarten Details and Policy Information
Car Categories and Details
View Car Categories and Details
Note: Not all cars are available in all destinations.
- Valid driver's license
- Passport and return ticket
- Major credit card – Visa or MasterCard
- Avis will not accept a debit card or checkstra Visa
- The lead name on the confirmed reservation (the primary renter) must be the person whose credit card is used to pay the charges. If a credit card of another person with a valid driver's license is used, that person will become the primary renter and the original name on the reservation will become an additional driver. Additional charges will apply for an additional driver.
Minimum /Maximum Age
- Minimum rental age is 21 years. $7 per day surcharge applies for driver(s) under the age of 21 which is payable directly to Avis at time of rental
- There is no maximum rental age.
- Costs are subject to change.
- Unlimited mileage
- CDW/LDW Coverage - Collision Damage Waiver and Loss Damage Waiver. Renter is liable for up to $1,500 USD deductible depending on car type rented.
- V.A.T. is included in rate.
- Gas - Pick up and return the car full of gas or a surcharge of above local fuel charges will apply.
- Additional hourly charges
- Underage driver fee, additional driver, car seats, or other optional items
- Deposit: A $1,000 USD authorization will be placed on renter's credit card upon rental of vehicle. This authorization amount may be used toward late charges
Rental Days Information
- Rates are based on 24-hour clock.
- If car is rented beyond the 24-hour period, the hourly charge applies until the hourly charge equals the daily rate.
- Avis allows a 29-minute grace period.
Driver Eligibility Policy
- All renters are subject to a license check. Renters are deemed eligible or ineligible to rent from Avis at the time of rental. Under the policy's guidelines, eligibility will be based on two categories:
- 1. Avis will not turn someone away due to a ticket for a seatbelt violation.
- 2. The status of the driver's license - renters will be rejected if their driver's license is suspended, revoked, expired, invalid, surrendered, or nonexistant
- 3. The status of the driving record - renters will be rejected for any of the following:
- 3A. 2 or more convictions within the last 36 months for moving traffic violations involving accidents.
- 3B. 3 or more convictions within the last 36 months for moving violations.
IMPORTANT - The coverage will not apply if:
- Included for the days rented directly through us are: CDW
- Insurance - Collision Damage Waiver and LDW – Loss Damage .
Rental rates include automobile liability insurance in accordance with applicable law and terms of the rental agreement.
In the event of theft or damage to the Avis car, the renter is liable for a $1,500 USD deductible for SJAR or FJAR models, or $600 USD for all other groups.
Should customers be involved in an accident, they must complete a police report at time of the incident.
- The rental car is driven and an accident occurs while the driver is under the influence of drugs or alcohol. The renter will be fully responsible.
- The rental car is driven on unpaved, undeveloped areas and damage to the vehicle results. The renter will be fully responsible.
- There is a $7 USD per day charge for each additional driver, payable directly to Avis at time of rental.
- There is no "Cash Qualifying" for car rentals in St. Maarten
- Drivers must have a major credit card in their name - MasterCard or Visa
- Debit cards will not be accepted.
- A printout of the card is required by Avis for insurance purposes.
- Hand controls and van lifts are not currently available in St. Maarten.
Child Seat Information
- Infant seats may be available at rental counter for an additional charge.
- Local Value Added Tax is included in the rate