Ft. Myers Area, Naples, and Marco Island
9891 Gulf Shore Drive
Naples, FL 34108
Get a taste of the contemporary lifestyle and easygoing attitude of South Florida at LaPlaya Beach Resort. Spend the day pampering yourself at SpaTerre, out on the championship Robert Cupp golf course, dining ocean front at the Four Diamond Award-winning Baleen, relaxing by one of the four pools, enjoying the view of the tranquil, turquoise waters of the Gulf of Mexico or in your elegant yet comfortable guestrooms. The lush, tropical surroundings of LaPlaya provide a tropical escape on Florida's paradise coast.
Located on the sweeping white sands and gently lapping turquoise waters of the Gulf of Mexico and nestled next to picturesque Vanderbilt Bay.Distance from airport:
Distance from attractions:
- Fort Myers (RSW) - 25 miles
Distance from beach:
- Naples Center for the Arts - 5 miles
- Naples 5th Ave Shopping District - 10 miles
- Collier-Seminole State Park - 17 miles south of Naples
- Everglades - 20 miles
Directly on the beachDistance from downtown:
10 miles to Downtown NaplesLocation transportation options:
Taxi, bus, and public trolleyCar rentals at hotel:
No self-parking available at this hotel. Valet parking available at an additional fee.
Room category descriptions:
- RV - Resort View
Features canopied four-poster beds, pillow-top mattresses, Frette linens, goose-down pillows, marble bathroom, original artwork, furnished balcony, and executive work desk. These rooms are located in a separate tower across a small street from the beach and offer views of the bay or the coast line.
Occupancy: 4 adults/4 total
Bedding: 1 king bed and 1 queen size sofa sleeper
- BF - Beachfront Room
Features canopied four-poster beds, pillow-top mattresses, Frette linens, goose-down pillows, marble bathrooms, original artwork, furnished balcony, and executive work desk. Located in the gulf tower building which is the main building of the hotel, and is located directly on the beach providing amazing views of the Gulf of Mexico and the beach.
Occupancy: 4 adults/4 total
Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 queen beds
- BH - Beach House
These beachfront guest rooms are located in the beach house, which is located directly on the beach, and offer an unobstructed view of the beach and Gulf of Mexico. Spacious 450 square-foot room offers an old-world charm with Mediterranean influences in the decor. Sink into luxury in pillow-top mattresses; Frette linens; goose-down pillows; marble bathrooms with jetted tub, Spa Terre amenities, waffle-weave bathrobes, and makeup mirror; original artwork; 42-inch plasma TV; and furnished balcony.
Occupancy: 4 adults / 4 total
Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 queen beds
- S1 - 1-Bedroom Suite
Beachfront, 1-bedroom suites are located in the gulf tower and boast spectacular views of the Gulf of Mexico. These oversized suites offer a separate living area and feature a canopied four-poster bed; pillow-top mattresses; Frette linens; goose-down pillows; marble bathrooms with jetted tub, Spa Terre amenities, waffle-weave bathrobes, and makeup mirror; original artwork; 42-inch plasma TV; and 2 large furnished balconies.
Occupancy: 2 adults / 2 total
Bedding: 1 king bed
- Adjoining rooms: Yes
- Air conditioning: Yes
- Bathroom amenities: Make up mirror, SpaTerre amenities, waffle-weave bathrobes
- Balcony: Yes
- Cribs: Yes, free of charge
- Internet access: Yes, wireless Internet access is offered throughout the hotel to guests and is included in the daily resort fee
- Iron/ironing board: Yes
- Kitchen facilities: Coffee maker and fully stocked refreshment cabinet
- Non smoking rooms: Yes, entire resort is non smoking
- Rollaway beds: Yes, free of charge
- Safe deposit box: Yes, complimentary in-room
- Smoke alarm/sprinklers: Yes
- Telephone: Yes, 2 dual-line telephones with voicemail
- Television/radio: Cable TV/Satellite, CD player
- Babysitting service: Yes, nanny service available through concierge
- Check-in/check-out: 4pm/12noon
- Children ages: Children 18 years of age and under stay free with adult using existing bedding
- Concierge: Yes
- Courtesy room/day room: No
- Housekeeping service: Yes, twice daily with nightly turndown service
- Luggage check/storage: Yes
- Luggage porter/bellhop: Yes
- Number of floors/elevators: 15/2
- Number of rooms: 189
Handicapped rooms: Yes
Preconfirmed handicapped rooms: Yes
TDD rooms: No
Wheelchair accessible: Yes
Wheelchairs available at hotel: Yes
Handrails in bathroom: Yes
Roll-in showers: Yes
Bars in shower/chair: No
Shower lift: Yes
Alert Plus - Audio/visual alert system: No
Smoke detectors with flashing light: Yes
Lamps that flash on/off if phone rings: No
Shake alarms/pillows: No
Closed captioned TV: Yes
Seeing eye dogs allowed: Yes
- Baleen - Fine dining. AAA Four Diamond Award winner featuring ocean-inspired cuisine with worldwide indigenous flavors in a whimsically elegant setting. Dine indoors or with your toes in the sand. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily.
Yes, open 6:30am-10pm Cocktail lounges/bars:
- Tiki Bar - Enjoy this panoramic poolside retreat for lunchtime favorites and tropical cocktails, martinis, and wine. Beach butlers will deliver to your Cabana on the sand. Open for lunch daily
4 outdoor free form cascading pools. Private cabanas and umbrellas available on the pool deck.Whirlpool:
White sand beach on the Gulf of Mexico. Lounge chairs, cabanas, and umbrellas available for an additional fee.Watersports:
Numerous watersport rentals available at the hotel for an additional fee: Body boards, rafts/floats, kayaks, pedalboats, catamaran, sailing, waverunners, and parasailing.Spa:
- Spa Terre - Take a sensory stimulating journey as you relax. This boutique, beachfront spa promotes health, peace, and relaxation to create your unique spa resort experience. Treatments are Thai and Japanese-inspired to create an intimate, relaxing environment. Salon and nail services available.
Located on the 2nd floor of the Beach House, the fitness center provides weights, the latest cardio equipment with personal TV screens, and a variety of group fitness classes. Specialty aromatherapy fitness classes such as Peppermint Pilates help stimulate the senses. Personal trainers available by appointment. Open daily.Golf:
- LaPlaya Golf Course - 18 hole championship golf course designed by architect Bob Cupp. Course features rolling hills and lush fairways flanked by Florida's mangroves.
- LaPlaya Boutique - Merchandise with "old Florida charm". Featuring men's and women's apparel, designer handbags, and accessories.
- Naples famous Fifth Avenue South - Just minutes from the hotel
- Waterside Shops - A collection of the finest luxury brand retailers from around the world, are five miles away.
Sauna and fire pit located on the beach
- Minimum check-in age: 21
- Credit card deposit required upon check-in: Yes
- Resort Fee: Guests are responsible for daily resort fee. This fee is paid directly to the hotel and includes complimentary local calls, wireless Internet access, daily newspaper, coffee, access to the fitness center, chairs, and towels on the beach.
- Year built: Late 1960's
- Most recent renovations: 2003 - Complete renovations, guestrooms and public areas
As of October 15, 2013
Collier County has started a beach re-nourishment that which will affect the hotels beach area, as well, during this process. The work is expected to take approximately two weeks. The project will involve the addition of sand to Vanderbilt Beach, which will include sand trucks passing through LaPlaya's beach area. As the project progresses from north to south, less activity will be seen on the beach as each section is completed. LaPlaya is committed to the continuation of normal beach operation with full service available.
Updated: August 16, 2013
- Commencing August 27th, 2013, the LaPlaya will be replacing the kitchen in the Baleen restaurant. The Baleen Bar will remain open, but breakfast, lunch, and dinner service will be moved to The Club.
- The hurricane sliding doors will be replaced in the Gulf View rooms in the Beach House on floors 2 - 4. The noise and contruction will be limited to daytime work hours.
- LaPlaya will be installing landscape gas lines to accommodate new natural gas Tiki Torches.
- Immediately following Labor Day weekend, LaPlaya will be replacing the copping around the pools. Alternate pools will remain open during this time. Construction fences will be placed around the pools. Construction is estimated to last around 2 to 3 weeks.
- LaPlaya will do everything possible to make this upgrade to the resort as convenient as possible for their guests.
Good to Know
- Beautiful, boutique-style spa and golf resort located directly on the beach
- Upscale travelers looking for a luxurious property with a relaxed atmosphere
- No self-parking at hotel, only valet (daily charges apply)
- Standard rooms are in a separate building across the street from the beach.
Children ages: Children 18 years of age and under stay free with adult using existing bedding
Babysitting service: Yes, nanny service available to book through concierge
Children's amenities: Children's menu
Delta Vacations offers a Luxury program, featuring first-class airfare
and luxurious accommodations, and a Romance program, featuring honeymoons and destination weddings.
Available only through the Luxury program.
Guests purchasing a package through the Luxury program enjoy the following special privileges at La Playa Beach & Golf Resort:
- Nightly turndown service
- Spa quality bath products
- Guests staying two or more nights receive a $50 resort credit per room per stay
- Guests will receive a complimentary upgrade. If guests book a Standard room, they will be upgraded to a Beachfront room and if booking a Beachfront room, will receive an upgrade to a Premium Beachfront room, located on the upper floors of either the Gulf Tower or the Beach House. Subject to availability at time of check-in.
- Welcome letter from Resort upon arrival
- Amenities are valid per reservation and subject to change
We strive to maintain the most up-to-date information about hotel properties. However, as hotels may change the information about their properties at any time without notice, we cannot be held responsible for any omissions or errors in this section.