1 Queens Highway
Grand Cayman, BWI
With its vantage point overlooking the Caribbean Sea, all of the rooms at The Reef Resort on Grand Cayman's east end welcome the sunrise in spectacular fashion. Tucked away from the hustle and bustle of Seven Mile Beach, guests will vacation in true Caymanian style, with comfortable, tropical furnishings, good food and drink, attentive service, a full-service spa, and a world-class dive operation.
Distance from Airport: Owen Roberts International Airport (GCM) - 25 miles
Local Transportation Options: Public bus, taxi
Car Rentals at Hotel: Yes
Parking: Yes, complimentary
3.5 (First Class)Number of Rooms:
152Room Category Descriptions:
- SU - Studio Suite
This 450 square-foot, oceanfront suite includes a kitchenette with cooking utensils and cutlery, a balcony or patio, sitting area with an entertainment center, an oversized whirlpool tub, and bright, tropical décor.
Occupancy: 2 adults / 2 total
Bedding: 1 king bed
- DS - Deluxe Studio Suite
This larger, 500 square-foot suite offers the same amenities as a Studio Suite plus a 4- poster bed.
Occupancy: 2 people / 2 total
Bedding: 1 king bed
- 1B - 1-Bedroom Suite
This large suite is 900 square feet and offers the same amenities as a Deluxe Studio Suite plus a separate bedroom, full kitchen, and dining and living area.
Occupancy: 4 adults / 4 total
Bedding: 1 king bed in the bedroom and 2 Murphy beds in the living area
- 2B - 2-Bedroom Condo
This very large suite is 1350 square feet and includes the same amenities as a 1-bedroom suite, plus a second bedroom and a second full bath.
Occupancy: 6 adults / 6 total
Bedding: 1 king bed, 1 queen bed, and 2 Murphy beds in the living area.
- Adjoining Rooms: Yes
- Air Conditioning: Yes
- Bathroom Amenities: Yes, hair dryer, toiletries
- Balcony / Patio: Yes / Yes
- Cribs: Yes, complimentary
- Internet Access: Yes, additional fee
- Iron / Ironing Board: Yes / Yes
- Kitchen Facilities: Yes
- Non-Smoking Rooms: Yes, all rooms are nonsmoking
- Rollaway Beds: Yes, for a fee
- Safe Deposit Boxes: Yes, in-room, complimentary
- Smoke Alarm / Sprinklers: Yes / No
- Telephone: Yes
- Television / Radio: Yes / Yes, plus a CD/DVD player
- Babysitting Service: Yes, for an additional fee
- Check-in / Check-out: 4:00pm / 11:00pm
- Child Ages: Children 11-17 years old pay greatly reduced rates. Children 10 years old and younger eat free.
- Concierge: Yes
- Courtesy Room / Day Room: Yes
- Elevators: Yes
- Housekeeping Service: Yes
- Luggage Check / Storage: Yes / Yes
- Luggage Porter / Bellhop: Yes / NO
- Number of Floors: 3 floors
- Other Guest Services: Money exchange, coin-operated laundry, meeting rooms, and picnic area including charcoal grills
Details on hotel facilities for the physically challenged are available through our reservations sales staff. All ADA handicap room requests must be processed through our reservations center on a special request basis with the hotels to confirm availability of rooms prior to arrival. Please call for details.Handicapped rooms:
Yes, 3 roomsPre-confirmed handicapped rooms:
YesWheelchairs available at hotel:
Yes, upon special requestHandrails in bathroom:
NoBars in shower/chair:
Yes / NoShower lift:
NoAlert Plus - audio/visual alert system:
NoSmoke detectors with flashing light:
NoLamps that flash on/off if phone rings:
NoSeeing eye dogs allowed:
Yes, upon special request
- Castaway's Restaurant - Enjoy a fine dining experience in the air-conditioned restaurant with and open-air terrace overlooking the East End Barrier Reef. Serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Castro's Hideaway Beach Bar - Newly redesigned beach bar surrounded by tiki torches and the sounds of Caribbean and Latin beats. Serves light lunches and dinners featuring, soups, salads, sandwiches and tropical drinks.
- Room service: Yes, limited hours
- Castro's Hideaway Beach Bar
- The "Barefoot Man" plays exclusively at The Reef every Thursday
- Vicki Wheaton - Cayman's queen of Karaoke on Wednesday's
- Pool: 3 swimming pools
- Whirlpool: 2 whirlpools
- Beach: On a 1600-foot stretch of beach
- Watersports: Yes, world-class snorkeling on site, SCUBA diving with Ocean Frontiers, and a full range of watersports
- Spa: Spa Tortuga, a full-service spa plus a beauty salon
- Fitness Center: Yes, full service and complimentary
- Golf: No
- Tennis: Yes, complimentary
- Shopping: Yes
All-Inclusive Plan Rating:
All-Inclusive OptionAll-Inclusive Features Include:
- 3 meals per day - A la carte or buffet breakfast, lunch (up to 2 courses), and dinner (up to 3 courses). Menus subject to change.
- All beverages in bar and restaurant, including premium top shelf drinks and wine and champagne by the glass
- Activities and Amenities - kayak, peddle boat and paddle board rental from White Sands Water Sports for up to 1 hour per day (non-transferable, lessons not included). Snorkel gear for entire stay.
- Breakfast - Rusty Pelican
- Lunch - Rusty Pelican
- Dinner - Pelican's Reef
- Room Service: Yes
- In-room Food Options: None, but rooms include kitchenettes
- Restaurant Reservations Required: Yes
- Dining Restrictions or Limitations: None
- Dining Surcharges: None
Children's Activity Program:
- Drinks Included: Yes, soft drinks, water, wine, beer, and top-shelf liquors
- In-room Beverage Options: No
- Beverage Restrictions or Limitations: No
Activity Details:Daytime Activity Options:
- For details on the Children's Activity Program please see the Family Program section for this hotel
Other Activity Options:
- Use of kayaks and paddleboats once during your stay
- Use of snorkel equipment
- Snorkel excursion for guests staying 7 nights or more
Activity Restrictions or Limitations:
- Spa services are available for an additional fee
Additional charge for spa services, scuba diving, wine or champagne by the bottle, and offsite excursions.
- Minimum check-in age: 21
- Credit Card Deposit Required Upon Check In: Yes
- Year Built: 2000
- Most Recent Renovations: 2008
Good to Know
- On a large beach with snorkeling right off shore, full-service dive shop, SCUBA lessons, and water sports onsite.
- Offers an all-inclusive meal and beverage option
- Has a full-service spa and world-class diving
- All rooms face the ocean.
- Due to secluded location of The Reef, a car rental is advised.
- Child Ages: Children 17 years of age and under stay free when sharing a room with adults using existing bedding.
- All-Inclusive Option: Children 11-17 years old pay greatly reduced rates. Children 10 years old and younger eat free.
- Children's Activity Program: Yes, in the summer for an additional fee
- Babysitting Service: Yes, for an additional fee
- Children's Amenities: Children's menu choices
We strive to maintain the most up-to-date information about hotel properties. However, as hotels may change the information about their properties at any time without notice, we cannot be held responsible for any omissions or errors in this section.