Upgrade to first class
SkyMiles® members can use miles to upgrade to first class when purchasing an air-inclusive package from Delta Vacations. Upgrades are available in select classes of service, for as few as 5,000 miles.
To check if your flight is eligible for an upgrade and the amount of miles required, call us at 1-800-800-1504.
Terms and conditions
- To book a first-class upgrade using your miles with SkyMiles, call 1-800-800-1504. Please note: A $20 charge applies to new booking made over the phone.
- Upgrades are only available from select classes of service.
- Upgrades start at 5,000 miles but vary depending on flights, classes of service, and availability.
- Upgrades are allowed on Delta Vacations air/hotel and air/car packages to the U.S. 48, Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica, and the Caribbean.
- Upgrades are not allowed on Delta Vacations packages to Europe, Asia, or Australia.
- Upgrades are only for SkyMiles members who are traveling on the same reservation (or itinerary); members can upgrade anyone who is traveling with them.
- Multiple upgrades may be allowed, but only one SkyMiles number can be used per reservation.
- Only Delta flights can be upgraded.
- In order to claim an upgrade, the upgraded seat must be available for the entire segment. A segment is defined as all travel under a single flight number, even if it involves multiple stops.
- Upgrades can be processed up until 7 days prior to departure.
- Passengers are responsible for any change and/or redeposit fees for voluntary changes to an upgraded flight.
- Once a ticket has been upgraded using miles, it cannot be rebooked back to coach, unless the booking is cancelled and rebooked. The passenger is responsible for any applicable cancellation and redeposit fees.
- A passenger traveling roundtrip on a flight that has been upgraded using miles can change the return flight if upgradeable inventory is available. The passenger is responsible for change fee and redeposit fee.
- Platinum Medallion members do not have to pay any redeposit fees for upgrades, but are responsible for any change or cancellation fees.