UPGRADE TO FIRST CLASS
SkyMiles® members can use miles to upgrade to first class when purchasing an air-inclusive package from Delta Vacations. Upgrades are available in select classes of service, for as few as 5,000 miles. Plus, bookings through Delta Vacations are eligible for Medallion Complimentary Upgrades.
To check if your flight is eligible for an upgrade and the amount of miles required, call us at 1-800-800-1504.
Terms and conditionshttp://www.deltavacations.com/specials/specialoffer.do?specialOfferCode=6486_3DVC
- Effective April 1, 2014, Delta Vacations bookings are eligible for Medallion Complimentary Upgrades. Learn more about Medallion Complimentary Upgrades at delta.com/medallion.
- To book a First Class upgrade using your Delta miles, call 1-800-800-1504. A $20 charge applies to new bookings made over the phone.
- Upgrade Offer: Mileage Upgrade Award is valid for upgraded one-way travel on Delta Air Lines-operated flights worldwide, including connecting flights, between the origin and destination of a ticketed fare. Any stopovers are governed by the fare rule, and additional mileage will be required for broken fares. All rules of the fare purchased will apply except as changed by this offer. SkyMiles mileage credit will be based upon purchased fare class. Space is limited and subject to availability. Seats may not be available on all flights, in all markets, or for select fare classes. Mileage Upgrade Awards allow a cabin upgrade from the purchased fare.
- Valid Carrier: Valid only on Delta Air Lines and certain Delta Connection® carrier-operated flights.
- Applicable Routes: North America: Valid for use on one-way travel on published fares and routings within or between the 50 United States and Canada. International: Valid for use on one-way travel on published fares and routings within Mexico, Costa Rica, and the Caribbean. Valid only for travel on routings with a published upgradeable Economy Class fare.
- Upgrades start at 5,000 miles but vary depending on flights, classes of service, and availability.
- Upgrades are only for SkyMiles members who are traveling in the same reservation (or itinerary); members can upgrade anyone who is traveling with them.
- Multiple upgrades may be allowed, but only one SkyMiles account can be used per reservation.
- Eligibility: Eligible only if flights in the reservation are not being credited to another airline’s frequent traveler program. The following unpublished fares are not eligible for Mileage Upgrade Awards: Delta bulk fares, companion fares, group fares, certain pricing programs, Round the World fares, and International Bereavement Fares. Award Travel of any kind cannot be upgraded with a separate award or by paying an additional fee.
- Not Combinable: Mileage Upgrade Awards may not be combined with any other promotional or discount offers or SkyMiles program awards. Valid only with a published qualifying fare.
- Applicable Fare Classes: For travel within the 50 United States and Canada, Mileage Upgrade Award may be used to upgrade only on published Economy Class fares booked in Y, B, M, S, H, Q or K class. Mileage Upgrade Award may not be used to upgrade other published Economy Class fares, including fares booked in L, U, T, X, V, or E class. For international travel, Mileage Upgrade Award may be used to upgrade only on published Economy Class fares booked in Y, B or M class. Mileage Upgrade Award may not be used to upgrade other published Economy Class fares, including fares booked in S, H, Q, K, L, U, T, X, V, or E class. Full Economy fares must be booked in Y without a discount or ticket designator. Other eligible fares price as Select Fare. Award Tickets are not eligible for Mileage Upgrade Awards.
- Upgrade Reservations and Ticketing: Upgradeable Economy Class ticket must be purchased according to the applicable fare rules. Upgraded reservations must be booked in "R" or "O" class on Delta. For upgrades processed prior to check-in, boarding passes will be issued at first point of check-in. For upgrades processed after check-in, boarding passes must be reissued by operating carrier.
- Reservation Waitlist: Delta Vacations cannot accommodate requests to be placed on the upgrade waitlist. The desired upgrade must be available at the time of request.
- In order to claim an upgrade, the upgraded seat must be available for the entire segment. A segment is defined as all travel under a single flight number, even if it involves multiple stops.
- Upgrades are on a space-available basis and are not guaranteed.
- Airport Standby: Mileage Upgrade Awards do not carry over to the Airport Standby List.
- Flight Irregularities: In the event of flight cancellation or itinerary change, previously confirmed upgrades are subject to cancellation.
- SkyMiles: Mileage credited will be awarded based on the Economy fare purchased.
- Changes: Voluntary changes in reservations on ticketed itineraries are permitted only pursuant to the rules of the fare purchased, but upgrade is not guaranteed and will depend on availability and terms and conditions. Where permitted, changes may require payment of a change fee and/or any difference in the applicable fare. All reissues must be completed by Delta Vacations Reservations. If a member is re-accommodated on another carrier they will be seated in Economy Class. Customers are required to request changes to Mileage Upgrade Awards at least 72 hours prior to original scheduled departure time of flight being changed.
- In case of itinerary changes or cancellations, passengers are responsible for requesting redeposit directly with Delta.
- Sale/Barter Prohibited: Mileage Upgrade Awards may not be sold or bartered. Delta reserves the right to terminate the SkyMiles account and/or deduct mileage from the account of any SkyMiles member who sells or barters Mileage Upgrade Awards, or who sells or barters mileage credit, vouchers, Award certificates or Award Tickets. Improperly obtained upgrades/tickets are VOID and will be confiscated. Members trying to use such tickets must pay the applicable fare to Delta to travel. Purchased or auctioned Mileage Upgrade Awards are subject to confiscation and travel will not be permitted.
- Other Terms & Conditions Apply: Mileage Upgrade Awards and transportation pursuant to it are subject to all terms and conditions of Delta's contract of carriage, fare rules, rules and regulations and the SkyMiles Membership Guide and Program Rules. The payment of taxes, surcharges and fees charged by government agencies or a non-government source is the passenger’s responsibility unless otherwise exempted. For certain destinations, additional taxes may apply for travel in Business Class. View Delta’s current contract of carriage and SkyMiles Membership Guide and Program Rules.
- Rule Changes: Delta reserves the right to change its contract of carriage, fare rules, rules and regulations and the SkyMiles Membership Guide and Program Rules at any time and without notice. Without limitation, Delta reserves the right to modify or eliminate the Mileage Upgrade Awards program or change the rules for Mileage Upgrade Award usage.