Carretera a Chankanab Km 6.5
Cozumel, Quintana Roo, Mexico 77600
The Presidente InterContinental Cozumel Resort & Spa is surrounded by the pristine turquoise waters of the Mexican Caribbean, with one-half mile of private sandy beach and colorful coral reefs. The resort offers 220 luxuriously appointed rooms all with private terraces or balconies, including 37 one and two-bedroom suites overlooking the Caribbean Sea. Features a supervised children's program.
On the beach, a 10-minute drive to San Miguel, and one mile from Chankanaab Marine Park.
Distance from beach: On site
Distance from town: 6.5 kilometers / 10 minutes
Distance from airport: Cozumel International Airport (CZM) - 8 miles
Local transportation: Taxi
Car rental: Yes
Parking: Yes, complimentary
Hotel Rating:Number of Rooms:
220Room Category Descriptions:
All lavishly appointed rooms offer a private terrace or balcony, along with Egyptian cotton duvets, minibar, in-room safe, flat-screen TV, radio alarm clock with iPod docking, turndown service, coffee maker, and bathrobes and slippers for use during your stay.
- CSTG - Standard Room
Comfortable and spacious room overlooking beautiful gardens or partial views of the pool area.
Bedding: 1 king or 2 doubles, subject to availability at time of check-in
- KPLG/TPLG - Pool View Room
Comfortable and spacious room overlooking the Sayab pool area.
Bedding: KPLG - 1 king
Bedding: TPLG - 2 doubles
- KVUG/TVUG - Ocean View Room
Comfortable and spacious room with ocean-front views of the beach and Caribbean Sea.
Bedding: KVUG - 1 king
Bedding: TVUG - 2 doubles
- KFTG - Beach Front Superior
Larger room offering direct access to the beach from the private terrace.
Bedding: 1 king
- XSTG/XDBG - Ocean Suite
Suites with living area and spectacular views of the Caribbean Sea. Oversized bathroom also offers ocean views from the bathtub.
Bedding: XSTG - 1 king
Bedding: XDBG - 2 doubles
- Adjoining Rooms: Few
- Air Conditioning: Yes
- Bathroom Amenities: Showers (bathtubs only in suites), hair dryer, vanity mirror
- Balcony / Patio: Yes
- Cribs: Yes, no charge but subject to availability
- Internet Access: Yes, complimentary in all guestrooms and public areas
- Iron / Ironing Board: Yes
- Kitchen Facilities: No
- Non-Smoking Rooms: Yes, subject to availability at check-in
- Rollaway Beds: Yes, subject to availability
- Safe Deposit Boxes: Yes, in-room and no charge
- Smoke Alarm / Sprinklers: Yes
- Telephone: Yes
- Television / Radio: Yes
- Babysitting Service: Yes, additional cost
- Check-in / Check-out: 3:00pm / 12:00pm
- Child Ages: Up to 2 children 12 years of age and under stay free with adult when using existing bedding
- Concierge: Yes
- Courtesy Room / Day Room: Yes
- Elevators: Yes
- Housekeeping Service: Daily
- Luggage Check / Storage: Yes
- Luggage Porter / Bellhop: Yes
- Number of Floors: 5 floors
- Other Guest Services: Meeting facilities, laundry services
Handicapped rooms: 2-BB category rooms
Preconfirmed handicapped rooms: Yes
TDD rooms: No
Wheelchair accessible: Yes, some ramps on-site
Wheelchairs available at hotel: Yes, no charge
Handrails in bathroom: Yes
Roll-in showers: No
Bars in shower/chair: Yes
Shower lift: No
Alert Plus - audio/visual alert system: No
Smoke detectors with flashing light: Yes
Lamps that flash on/off if phone rings: No
Shake alarms/pillows: No
Closed captioned TV: Yes
Seeing eye dogs allowed: Yes
Cocktail Lounges or Bars:
- El Caribeño Restaurant & Bar - A perfect setting to relax in the shadow of an oversized palapa with a gorgeous view of the Caribbean Sea. Offering contemporary and international specialties with a la carte or buffet options.
- Alfredo di Roma - A gourmet restaurant with delectable dishes combining the tastes of Northern Italy with fresh seafood delicacies. The authentic fettuccini alfredo is the famous house specialty, and can be paired with many different domestic and international wines from the largest wine cellar in Cozumel.
- NAPA Grill Steak & Seafood - Offering prime meats and fresh fish with a beautiful view of the bay where you can enjoy indoor or outdoor seating.
- Caña Brava Grill - Located on the beach, this is the ideal place for a light lunch and refreshing beverages.
- Room Service - Yes, 24 hours
- Bin K’iin Lobby Bar - Innovatively designed, this relaxing and sophisticated atmosphere is the new place to enjoy a cocktail.
- Sayab Bar - Poolside bar, perfect for that refreshing afternoon drink.
- Music at select restaurants during the day
- Theme nights three times a week (seasonal)
- Pool/heated: Yes, with built-in whirlpool - no swim-up pool bar
- Whirlpool/sauna: No/no
- Watersports: PADI/NAUI Dive center, snorkeling, jet ski, sailing, deep-sea fishing and diving
- Health club: Yes
- Spa: Yes, 6,500 square foot spa offers a full menu of therapeutic and revitalizing treatments that benefit the body, mind and soul. Special spa services include: "The Mayan Journey," "Mayan Moon Massage," and "Mayan Ceremony of Love." General spa services include body polishes, body wraps, hydrotherapies, baths, facials, peels, facial enhancers, anti-cellulite therapies, feet & hand treatments, manicures/pedicures, etc.
- Kids club: Yes, Chiqui Club is open year round. This is a complimentary program that offers kids the opportunity to learn about Mexican culture and history and simply to have fun. Other activities include: movies, nature walks, iguana search, shellfish expeditions, children's aerobics, sandcastle building, frog races, kite making, treasure hunt, Spanish for kids, Mexican games, Mexican songs and dances, arts & crafts and much more.
- Tennis: 2 lighted courts - no charge during the day, additional charge for lighted court at night.
- Gym facilities: Yes
- Golf: Nearby
- Shops: Dive shop, tobacco shop, and boutique
- Springbreak students allowed: No
- Most recent renovations: 2007
Good to Know
- Hotel offers 220 luxuriously appointed rooms all with private terraces or balconies overlooking the Caribbean Sea
- 24-hour room service available
- Wide beach, good for snorkeling
- Up to 2 kids 12 and under stay free when sharing a room with paying adults
- Need taxi or car to get to town
- Ideal for families and couples desiring and upscale resort in a relaxing atmosphere
Delta Vacations offers a Luxury program, featuring first-class airfare
and luxurious accommodations, and a Romance program, featuring honeymoons and destination weddings.
This hotel is not currently part of the Delta Vacations luxury program. For luxury hotel packages, please visit Delta Vacations – Luxury.
Available only through the Romance programHoneymoon couples receive the following:
Restrictions apply including:
- Fruit Basket
- Bottle of wine
- Guaranteed Upgrade to next room category
- 1-night minimum stay required
- Honeymoon couple must present proof of marriage within the past year upon check-in. Wedding certificate or marriage license will qualify.
- Services are valid per room per stay unless otherwise noted
- Services are subject to change or substitution based on availability at the discretion of the hotel
- No cash value for unused services
We strive to maintain the most up-to-date information about hotel properties. However, as hotels may change the information about their properties at any time without notice, we cannot be held responsible for any omissions or errors in this section.