Carretera Chetumal-Cancun, Km 328, SM 31
Bahia Petempich, Puerto Morelos, Q. Roo, 77580
ZoŽtry Paraiso de la Bonita Riviera Maya, an ultra-luxury boutique resort, offers a completely new kind of vacation experience focused on wellness, serenity and romance, as well as social and environmental responsibility.
This small, hotel tucked along a private beach with jewel-blue waters and lush mangroves offers elegant suites nestled amid 14 acres of tropical gardens. The architecture captures the essence of Mayan culture with open courtyards, fountain-adorned pathways and reflecting pools.
This exceptionally unique property features 90 beachfront suites; La Canoa, a AAA Four Diamond award-winning restaurant; the first certified Thalassotherapy Center in North America; and a private 48 ft. Catamaran. For the tenth consecutive year, the longest streak in Mexico's Riviera Maya region, ZoŽtry Paraiso de la Bonita, one of the Leading Small Hotels of the World, has earned the AAA Five Diamond Award.
Located on a beautiful stretch of white sandy beachDistance from Airport:
Cancķn International Airport (CUN) - 20 minute driveDistance from Downtown:
Distance from Beach:
- 5 minutes from Puerto Morelos
- 15 minutes from Playa del Carmen
- 35 minutes from downtown Cancun
Located on the beachLocal Transportation Options:
Taxis and buses, additional fees applyCar Rentals at Hotel:
Complimentary valet and on-site parking
EXLNumber of Rooms:
90Room Category Descriptions:
- 1B/OVK - Romance Ocean Front One-Bedroom Suite with Terrace
These suites are 1130 square feet and are located on the first or second floor. A large living area contains a color TV, CD/DVD Player and minibar. The bedroom has a king-size bed, which can be changed for a double bed if desired. A huge marble bathroom has a sunken bath for two, glass showers and handcrafted sinks. The living room opens onto a large private terrace with a hammock and double sun lounger. Guests receive a welcome bottle of Tequila and hand-made beach bag in suite upon arrival and daily newspaper in language of guests.
Occupancy: 2 adults / 2 total
Bedding: 1 king-size bed
- 1BD/OVD - Ocean Front One-Bedroom Suite with Terrace
These suites are 1130 square feet and are located on the first or second floor. A large living area contains a color TV, CD/DVD Player and minibar. The bedroom have double beds. A huge marble bathroom has a sunken bath for two, glass showers and handcrafted sinks. The living room opens onto a large private terrace with a hammock and double sun lounger. Guests receive a welcome bottle of Tequila and hand-made beach bag in suite upon arrival and daily newspaper in language of guests.
Occupancy: 3 adults / 3 total
Bedding: 2 Double beds
- 1BP/PPK - Romance Ocean Front One-Bedroom Suite with Private Plunge Pool
These are 1130 square feet, ground level suites. A large living area contains a color TV, CD/DVD Player and minibar. The bedroom has a king-size bed which can be changed for a double bed if desired. A huge marble bathroom has a sunken bath for two, glass showers and handcrafted sinks. Both the bedroom and living room open onto a large private terrace with a plunge pool and double sun lounger. Guests receive a welcome bottle of Tequila and hand-made beach bag in suite upon arrival and daily newspaper in language of guests.
Occupancy: 2 adults / 2 total
Bedding: 1 king-size bed
- 1PD/PPD - Ocean Front One-Bedroom Suite with Private Plunge Pool
These are 1130 square feet, ground level suites. A large living area contains a color TV, CD/DVD Player and minibar. The bedroom has a Double beds. A huge marble bathroom has a sunken bath for two, glass showers and handcrafted sinks. Both the bedroom and living room open onto a large private terrace with a plunge pool and double sun lounger. Guests receive a welcome bottle of Tequila and hand-made beach bag in suite upon arrival and daily newspaper in language of guests.
Occupancy: 3 adults / 3 total
Bedding: 2 Double beds
- OFL/LOK - Romance Ocean Front Lover Suite
A large living area contains a color TV, CD/DVD player, espresso machine, and daily stocked minibar with premium beverages, deli snacks, and wine and champagne by the bottle. The bedroom has an outdoor shower, huge marble bathroom with a sunken bath, and a private terrace with a plunge pool and double sun lounger.
Occupancy: 2 adults total
Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 double beds, subject to availability at time of check in
- MS2/MSK - Ocean Front Master Suite 2-Bedroom with Terrace
Each master suite is 1830 square feet and is located on the second level. Enjoy calm and tranquility from the comfort of your terrace which overlooks the private white-sand beach and hear the relaxing sound of the waves. The suite has a large living area with TV, CD/DVD player, Nespresso machine, and a daily stocked minibar with premium beverages, deli snacks, wine by the bottle, as well as daily champagne and fresh fruit. Each bedroom is uniquely decorated. One of the bedrooms and the living room open onto a large private terrace with a double sun lounger offering one of the best ocean views of the Caribbean Sea. The bathroom has a stunning marble sunken bath for 2, glass showers, and handcrafted sinks, as well as Luxurious Bvlgari bath amenities. In-room dining can also be arranged.
Occupancy: 4 adults / 4 total
Bedding: 1 king bed in each bedroom
- M2P/MPK - Ocean Front Master Suite 2-Bedroom with Plunge Pool
Located on ground level, the spacious Master Suite Ocean Front is 1830 square feet and features a relaxing plunge pool in the midst of a natural ambience. The suite offers a large living area with a TV, CD/DVD player, Nespresso coffeemaker, and daily stocked minibar with premium beverages, deli snacks, and wine by the bottle as well as daily champagne and fresh fruit. Ideal for couples or friends, the suite has two master bedrooms adjoined by the living area. Each bedroom has its own private bathroom with a sunken bath for 2, Luxurious Bvlgari bath amenities, glass showers, and handcrafted sinks. As its highlight, both the bedrooms and living room open onto a large private terrace with a plunge pool and double sun lounger offering the best ocean view of the Caribbean Sea. In-room dining can also be arranged.
Occupancy: 4 adults / 4 total
Bedding: 1 king bed in each bedroom
- Adjoining Rooms: No
- Air Conditioning: Yes, ceiling fans also in rooms
- Bathroom Amenities: Oversized glass and marble bathrooms offer a private oasis with marble tubs for two and soothing jet showers. Bvlgari amenities and Frette linens.
- Balcony / Patio: Yes, all rooms have a private terrace
- Cribs: No
- Internet Access: Additional fees apply for Internet access in rooms, Internet is available in the library at no charge
- Iron / Ironing Board: Yes / Yes
- Kitchen Facilities: No
- Non-Smoking Rooms: Yes, subject to availability at time of check in
- Rollaway Beds: No
- Safe Deposit Boxes: Yes, in room and free of charge
- Smoke Alarm / Sprinklers: Yes
- Telephone: Yes with voicemail in rooms, additional fees apply
- Television / Radio: TV with Satellite Cable and DVD player in room
- Babysitting Service: No
- Check-in / Check-out: 3:00pm / 12:00 noon, personalized in-suite check-in
- Concierge: Yes
- Courtesy room / Day Room: Yes, Hospitality room with lockers and showers is availible
- Housekeeping Service: Daily
- Luggage Check / Storage: Yes / Yes
- Luggage Porter / Bellhop: Yes / Yes
- Number of Floors / Elevators: 3 floors / None
- Other Guest Services: Daily Tea Hour is served each afternoon in the open-air Birds lounge.
Handicapped rooms: No
Preconfirmed handicapped rooms: No
TDD rooms: No
Wheelchair accessible: No
Wheelchairs available at hotel: No
Handrails in bathroom: No
Roll-in showers: No
Bars in shower/chair: No
Shower lift: No
Alert Plus - audio/visual alert system: No
Smoke detectors with flashing light: Yes
Lamps that flash on/off if phone rings: No
Shake alarms/pillows: No
Closed-captioned TV: No
Seeing eye dogs allowed: Yes
Cocktail Lounges or Bars:
- La Canoa - Experience fine dining at its best and most creative with a dramatic fusion of styles based upon the spices and chilies used in the cuisine of warm-weather countries.
- Kaax - Hand-painted murals depicting the flora and fauna of the region fill the walls of this intruiging restaurant. Featuring an original Mexican menu that adds the true authenticity of the region, this restaurant sets itself apart from the other Yucatan dining experiences.
- El Chiringuito - Situated on the beach, this casual open-air, oceanside grill offers a variety of fresh seafood, Mexican seafood stew, chicken, meats and fresh pizzas grilled to perfection over a wood fire.
- No reservations needed at the restaurants, casual dress is acceptable at all restaurants.
- Room Service - Yes
- Hippos Bar - Covered by a large palapa at the heart of Paraiso de la Bonita, during the day this bar features drinks as well as a menu offering light snacks. At night, Hippos is the ideal place for a quiet pre-dinner drink where a variety of Mexican snacks are available for you to try.
- Library Bar - Featuring an extensive reading collection and soothing ocean views, this bar is a relaxing and inviting meeting place for guests.
Private Dining Option: If you want to enjoy a magical and romantic evening to celebrate a special event, a special lunch or just to be alone together, the hotel can create the perfect setting and dining experience. Contact the concierge upon arrival for arrangements.
- Pool: Yes, 2 pools
- Whirlpool: Yes 2, one outside and one inside located in the spa
- Beach: Located on a private beach
- Watersports: Water toys are complimentary and include aquatic activities, including Riviera Maya scuba diving, snorkeling, windsurfing, kayaking, paddleboats and hobiecat. Also complimentary is boat/shuttle ride to Puerto Morelos. Boat leaves at 1pm everyday. Guests have one hour in Puerto Morelos, before the boat returns.
- Spa: Yes, offering the only Thalasso-certified spa in North America where they practice unique therapies combining ancient traditions and modern health science. The 24,000-square-foot spa offers ancient therapies like Thalasso and Temazcal to refresh your body and spirit.
- Fitness Center: Complimentary use of gym and Thalasso Center facilities which include sauna, steam room and whirlpool. Yoga and Pilates classes are also available.
- Golf: Nearby are fabulous signature golf courses designed by Jack Nicklaus, P.B. Dye, Robert Von Hagge and Greg Norman.
- Tennis: Complimentary day-time use of tennis courts
- Shopping: One shop on site, La Bonita
- Other: La Bonita catamaran is a 48-foot luxury boat decorated in the same style as the suites in the hotel. There is an art-filled living room and four cabins, each one decorated in its own unique style with air conditioning and an in-suite bathroom. You can enjoy the Caribbean with private day cruises and the same excellent level of service, elegance and unique attention to detail as you find in the hotel. La Bonita catamaran is available for private cruises, moonlight dining, cocktail parties or or overnight excursions. Additional fees may apply.
ZoŽtry Paraiso de la Bonita Rivera Maya provides you with an Endless Privileges designed to create unparalleled experiences focused on luxury, wellness, romance and enrichment in ideal beachfront setting -
- Concierge services and 24 hour front desk
- No check in or check out time (based on availability in high season)
- Beach bag
- Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner gourmet dining options with an assortment of organic food and beverage selections
- Complimentary cocktails and specialty beverages from a variety of domestic and international premium brands
- 24-hour private, in-room dining
- Maid services three times each day
- Fresh bottle of champagne and basket of fruit daily
- Welcome bottle of Tequila
- Daily shopping excursions by boat (times are arranged directly through hotel)
- Hydrothalasso pool and aqua gym
- Complimentary cell phone with unlimited worldwide calls and concierge service
- Complimentary 24-hour laundry service (non dry cleaning items)
- Relaxing 20 minute reflexology massage per guest
- Temazcal ceremony (every other day) recognized as a ritual that improves both spiritual and emotional health
- Access to sauna, steam room, whirlpool and cold plunge pool
- Daily afternoon tea time featuring real live plants for tea infusions
- Ocean front air conditioned fitness center - open daily - provides full range of cardio-conditioning fitness equipment including free weights, treadmills, lifecycles, stair climbers and cross trainers
- Daily exercise and fitness activities such as Yoga, Pilates and salt water aqua gym
- Complimentary golf at El Camaleon (transportation, rental clubs not included)
- Minimum check-in age: 18
- Credit card deposit required upon check in: Yes, for incidentals
- Teens from 02 years and older are accepted in the property all year long, sharing their parents suite and extra person charge applies.
Good to Know
- Small, intimate and luxurious hotel
- Suites include eclectic furnishings from around the world, hand-picked by the owners themselves.
- All suites are ocean front
- Hotel has a private 48-foot luxury catamaran to rent for the day or night
- The 22,000-square-foot Thalasso Center & Spa is the first of European Thalasso luxury spas in North America
- Member of both The Leading Small Hotels of the World and Virtuoso
- Clients receive daily a la carte breakfast, private in room check-in, bottle of tequila, a handmade beach bag along with use of gym, sauna room, whirlpool, daily tennis and boat shuttle to Puerto Morelos.
- Twelve consecutive years AAA Five Diamond Award Winner
- Named to Conde Nast Travelers Gold List 2014, as well one of the Top 25 Mexico Resorts at the Conde Nast Travelers Reader's Choice Awards and and rated in the Top 4 Luxury Coastal Resorts in the World according to World Luxury Hotel Awards
- La Conoa restaurant is a AAA 4 Diamond Award winning gourmet restaurant
- Great for adults looking for a secluded and luxurious resort.
- 18 years old to check in
- Minimum child age is 2 years old
- Limited child/youth activities
- Quiet and relaxing resort
Delta Vacations offers a Luxury program, featuring first-class airfare
and luxurious accommodations, and a Romance program, featuring honeymoons and destination weddings.
Available only through the Luxury program.
Guests purchasing a package through the Luxury program enjoy the following special privileges at ZoŽtry Paraiso de la Bonita Riviera Maya:
- A special welcome gift in suite upon arrival on behalf of ZoŽtry Paraiso de la Bonita and MLT Luxury program.
- Special romantic turn down service with set up of sunken tub with candles.
- Bottle of tequila and champagne in suite
- Catamaran Sunset Tour
Available only through the Romance program.
Honeymoon couples staying at Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita receive complimentary honeymoon amenities including:
Restrictions apply including:
- Welcome letter
- Fresh fruit
- A bottle of sparkling wine
- Special turn-down service
- Breakfast in bed with mimosas (reservations must be made in advance with concierge)
- 15% discount on all spa treatments (product purchases not included)
- Honeymoon couple must present proof of marriage within the past 3 months upon check-in; wedding certificate or marriage license will qualify.
- Services are valid per room per stay unless otherwise noted.
- Services are subject to change or substitution based on availability at the discretion of the hotel.
- No cash value for unused services
NOTE: The upgraded Art of Love Romance Honeymoon Package is available when booking a minimum of 7 nights in the Romance Ocean Front Lover Suite category or higher
Available only through the Romance program.The complimentary wedding package includes:
Hotel restrictions and qualification:
- Service of a Minister (symbolic ceremony)
- Wedding organization and personalization of our wedding coordinator
- Room upgrade for bride and groom (based on availability)
- Unpacking service and preparation of wedding day attire for the bride and groom
- Brideís bouquet
- Boutonniere for the groom
- Wedding cake and sparkling wine for 30 guests
- Special turn-down service nightly
- Complimentary anniversary nights (1 free room when staying a minimum of 4 nights over their first anniversary date)
- To qualify for this complimentary wedding a total of 8 rooms with a 3 night minimum stay must be booked in any room category andmust be purchased through the Romance program including the wedding coupleís room.
- $ 100 deposit is required to confirm wedding date and paid directly to the hotel. Hotel will refund once wedding is completed. If wedding is cancelled the hotel will retain the $ 100 deposit as penalty.
- If the minimum room requirement is not met additional fees will apply for the wedding ceremony.
- Details on how to confirm the date, time, and location for your complimentary wedding will be provided to you by a Romance travel specialist after your reservation is confirmed with deposit or final payment.
Wedding Packages available for purchase:
- Only ceremonies performed by a Justice of the Peace are legally binding and couples must fulfill the required government documentation prior to the wedding date. Please verify all requirements with the wedding coordinator of the hotel.
- Wedding ceremonies performed by a Minister are not legally binding and it is the coupleís responsibility to get married legally in their home country pre/post travel.
- Not included is the Justice of the Peace or non-denominational Minister, document arrangements, blood test, document translation fee and any registration fees. Contact hotel for up-to-date listing of costs.
- Weddings perform Monday through Saturday only, no Sunday services.
- Non hotel guests will be required to purchase day pass to attend ceremony.
Include the complimentary wedding services plus additional or upgraded service
- Zoetry Art of Love Wedding Package
For complete details see the Wedding Package information listed under the ĎActivities+Moreí tab in the Destination section of our website for this destination.
Bahia Petemphich, Riveria Maya, QROO 77580
We strive to maintain the most up-to-date information about hotel properties. However, as hotels may change the information about their properties at any time without notice, we cannot be held responsible for any omissions or errors in this section.